Saturday, April 5, 2008

Spring Break

This year over spring break my family took a trip up to a cabin in Idllywild that belongs to one of my Dad's work friends. We did this maybe 2 spring breaks ago, and it was lots of fun, we had about two feet of snow and Kyle and my Mom and I went sledding and such. This year, it was tad different - Kyle wasn't there, but Scott was, so it was me, my Mom and Dad, my older brother Christopher, and Scott. On Saturday during the day it wasn't snowing yet, so Scott and my Mom and I went for a hike up some big mountain. Here are some pictures from that:





That last one is my favorite - Scott is helping my Mom up the trail...so cute :)

Anyways, the cabin was fun, we got about a foot of snow the last night and so my Mom and Christopher and I went sledding the next day. Scott wouldn't have it - he kept saying how dangerous it was and looking freaked out everytime my Mom or I went hurtling down the hill headfirst. It was strange, really, considering how risky he usually is. But the sledding was definitely fun, although a little bumpier than last time as there wasn't as much snow.

The other fun part of my spring break was trying out two new recipes from my British baking book. I got this baking cookbook at Borders about a year ago for like $10, and it is so awesome! Sometimes I have to look up definitions for the ingredients that the recipes call for (for example: caster sugar = extra fine granulated sugar), but the recipes are very different and the ones I've tried have all been good. So over break I made I a Hazelnut Torte:

And a Linzertorte, which I got to use my cool new zigzag pastry cutter to make:

Overall I guess it was a pretty good break, though it was way too busy and I didn't have enough time to see everyone I wanted to...although that seems to be the case almost every trip. Only about a month until my Mom comes out to Bloomington and then we both fly home to SD a week later :)

4 comments:

Marion Nelson said...

I love this - it was so much fun! See you in just seven days! Porch time, house restaurant, mini road trip, girl time in Nashville - it's all good! Love you!

Anonymous said...

man i just randomly checked out your blog today and saw the torts and the bottom (remember when i called it a windsor tart? ha, i was close) and now i'm really hungry. thanks. ahhaha no j/k i hope you're having a great time in ca or europe or wherever you are at this point! *mwah*

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I begin on internet with a directory

Anonymous said...

top [url=http://www.001casino.com/]casino online[/url] check the latest [url=http://www.realcazinoz.com/]realcazinoz.com[/url] autonomous no consign bonus at the chief [url=http://www.baywatchcasino.com/]online casino
[/url].