Friday, February 29, 2008

Baking

So last night at bible study Christina asked me what I like to bake. Her question motivated me to think about the many things I have made over the last few years, and I decided I should start a list of all my attempts - and catalogue which ones turned out well and which ones turned out not so well. So here is the first draft, a list of baked goods that I have made at some point, broken down into three groups: yummy, ok, and ehh.

Things that turned out yummy:
Pumpkin-ginger scones w/white choc. chips
Almond biscotti
Coconut walnut biscotti
Chocolate cherry biscotti
Peppermint biscotti
Strawberry muffins
Banana walnut muffins
Banana bread
Pumpkin bread
Peanut Butter M&M cookies
Gingersnaps
White Choc. Macadamia nut cookies
Sugar cookies
Chocolate layer cake w/fudge frosting
Cherry Cheese Pie
Pumpkin Pie
Cocoa Rum Balls
Butterscotch brownies
Lemon bars
Bagels (blueberry, choc. chip, cranberry, plain)

Things that turned out OK:
Pumpkin-apple streusel muffins
Peanut Butter reindeer (aka PB bugs)

Things that turned out ehh:
Pumpkin muffins w/orange glaze
Lowfat blueberry scones
Chocolate crinkles

It may seem that I have excellent baking skills, since my yummy list is so much longer than the other two. In reality, I think I just tend to remember the yummy things a lot better than I remember the failures. Anyways, one more list I'm starting is the list of things I'd like to try in the near future:
Blueberry pie
Peach pie
Apple-cranberry pie
Banana pancakes
Apple spice muffins
Blueberry scones
Coffee cake
Banana cream pie
Chocolate mousse pie
German chocolate cake

Maybe next year in my new kitchen I can start to make some progress on this list. If anyone who possibly may be helping me eat any of these attempts has any suggestions for add-ons to the list, let me know :)

3 comments:

seg said...

This list is amazing :)

chelsea said...

this is incredible! :)

Anonymous said...

i want to eat your blog right now.
-xtina