Sunday, November 4, 2007

Some things stick with you

When I was a kid, we had these cassette tapes called "GT and the halo express", which are stories about these angels who help kids and sing bible verses. Each of the tapes has like 10-12 songs on it that are simply a verse put to music. It's been about 15 years since I heard the tapes, but those songs still get stuck in my head, and I guarantee you I will never forget those verses. It really is a very effective way to get kids to learn scripture. Anyways, the one stuck in my head today is Romans 8:28 -

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."
I really like to think about this verse when I get homesick, because it encourages me that God has a reason for me living in Indiana, and that it's all going to work out for good.

3 comments:

Liana said...

Yes he does!

Amee Katharine Yoder Brumbaugh said...

Love the blog Angela! I hope you're well... and hope to see you soon.

Ji said...

hey angela!!!! dude, you never ever fail to surprise me! a blog! awesome.